I’m a big fan of spaghetti squash so when I saw this other recipe for paleo pasta, I had to try it and it’s delicious, satisfying and so easy! It’s also super refreshing so it’s perfect for summer. This recipe is especially for everyone watching your carb intake for the summer, or anyone following a gluten-free or Paleo diet. But it’s also for anyone who just wants to eat extra healthy without feeling like you had to sacrifice anything! Your pasta cravings will definitely be satisfied.
This is a recipe from PopSugar.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce
- 3 large carrots, peeled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped, for garnish
- Pour oil in a large pan, and heat on medium low.
- Add the garlic, mushrooms, red pepper, and two tablespoons of the fresh basil. Sauté for five minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, and cook for another eight minutes.
- While that’s cooking, use a vegetable peeler to cut the carrots into ribbons.
- Add the marinara and carrots to the pan. Cook for another eight to ten minutes or until the carrots are cooked to the firmness you prefer.
- Pour into a bowl, sprinkle with the last half-tablespoon of fresh basil, and enjoy!