If you are having problems with your skin, it may be fixable easily. Many of us make skin mistakes daily that can really affect your skin in the short and long term. Make sure you’re not making any of these simple skin mistakes! I wrote the first part to this too, so make sure you check it out if you haven’t yet.
- Not applying products in the correct order – Make sure that you’re getting the most out of your products by applying them in the right order. You should put on the products with a thinner consistency BEFORE the thicker, creamier ones. This is because the heavier ones can block the lighter ones from getting to the skin and actually doing their job.
- Not washing your sheets & pillowcases frequently enough – Pillowcases can gather residue from your hair (like from conditioner, or scalp oil) and that can get on your face and clog your pores. You should change your pillow case at least once a week or even more if you are more acne-prone.
- Not understanding the purpose of a good toner – Toners remove what cleansers leave behind and depending on what type of skin you have and which toner you choose, it can do anything from shrink your pores to add additional moisture to your face. Toner can make a major difference to your skin, consult with an expert to find the best one for you.
- Not removing make-up before hitting the gym – If you’re exercising with a full face of make-up, you could clog your pores with your products, especially as you sweat and then wipe it away with your hands. The makeup can become irritating to the skin when mixed with sweat and this can eventually cause breakouts. Carry some extra makeup wipes in your purse!
- Not patting dry – This is especially important if you have sensitive skin. When you wash your face, pat your face dry instead of pulling/rubbing at it. When you rub around your eyes, dark spots are more likely to form. This can also help you avoid wrinkles in the long term. Take extra precaution to pat, and be sure you’re using a different towel than the one you use to dry your hands!